Jumbo Lump Cali Crab Cakes
Ingredients for crab cakes:
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), or fresh
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
Combine panko and next 10 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl, stirring well. Add crab; stir gently just until combined. Using wet hands, shape crab mixture into 4 equal balls. Gently flatten balls to form 4 (4-inch) patties.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
For the remoulade:
- 1/2 jar roasted red bell peppers
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbs capers, drained
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
Pulse thoroughly in food processor and set aside.
For the roasted garlic aioli:
- 1 whole heads garlic
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Take the whole head of garlic and cut the tops off to expose the garlic cloves. Place on a large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap up the foil into a tight pouch, and then place in the oven and roast for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Squeeze the pulp from the skins (you'll need 1/3 cup).
In a food processor, combine the roasted garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and some salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined. Refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld together. Garnish with parsley.
For the salad:
Granny Smith apple
Red wine vinegar
sliced radishes and cut apples into matchsticks. Toss ingredients in bowl and drizzle with lemon, vinegar and oil. Top the crab cakes with salad and serve. Enjoy!