Gourmet Ruben Dog
- 4 large beef hot dogs
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 12 slices deli pastrami
- 4 sourdough bread or 4 French rolls, halved horizontally and toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 1 cup prepared sauerkraut
- thousand island dressing
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Spread each frank on all sides with 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until heated through turning frequently. If possible heat pastrami on the grill. I like to get a little bit of a crisp on it. You can place a skillet on the grill and heat the meat that way be very careful handle will get very hot. If you do not want to take the extra step you do not need to heat pastrami serve at room temperature or you can even wrap around the hotdogs and grill. Serve franks hot on toasted French rolls with sliced cheese and sauerkraut. Top with Thousand Island salad dressing. Enjoy!
- INDOOR METHOD: Prepare franks as directed. Preheat broiler. Place franks on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Cook 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 12 to 16 minutes turning frequently. Serve as directed.