BBQ Pizza Bacon Dog
- 4 large beef hot dogs or chicken hot dog
- BBQ sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound of bacon crisped up and chopped
- 1 bag cheese of your choice I prefer cheddar or mozzarella
- 4 sourdough bread or 4 French rolls, halved horizontally and toasted
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Cook for 12 to 16 minutes or until heated through turning frequently. Serve franks hot on toasted French rolls with cheese, cilantro, red onion, bacon and BBQ sauce. I like the brush sauce on my dog right after I take off the grill. Enjoy!
- INDOOR METHOD: Prepare franks as directed. Preheat broiler. Place franks on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Cook 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 12 to 16 minutes turning frequently. Serve as directed.