Green coconut curry halibut with veggies and jasmine rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can coconut milk (can substitute for light)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1½ tablespoons green curry
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red 1 green bell pepper, diced into strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small bag snap peas
- 4-5 leaves of basil, chopped
- 2 large halibut filets (or other white fish such as haddock, cod or snapper)
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 potatoes cut info bits size pieces
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- To a large skillet sautee the shallots and garlic in a teaspoon of oil for a few minutes to soften and release aroma. Add ginger, lemongrass, coconut milk, lime juice, curry paste and crushed red pepper flakes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and whisk ingredients until sauce is well combined.
- Add chopped potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, snap peas and herbs. Taste and season thoroughly with salt. Stir until vegetables are well coated with sauce and evenly distributed through the dish. Cook for 5 more minutes until veggies are soft. Turn heat to low.
- In a separate pan add remaining oil and sear both pieces of halibut about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the fish into the other pan and nestle in sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook addition 5-10 minutes until cooked through and fish has soaked up sauce.
- Transfer fish to serving plates and add heaping spoonfuls of vegetables and coconut curry sauce. Top with chopped basil and toasted cashews. Serve over rice. Bon appétit!